Facts on CBD Flower That You Won’t BelieveJuly 16, 2021
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the several hundred chemicals (cannabinoids) present in cannabis or marijuana (Cannabis sativa). Another major component of this plant is the so-called THC, which stands for delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol. Though THC can get you to a ‘high level once you use it, CBD is not known to have such an effect, and in fact, CBD flower extracted from the plant is used for several medicinal benefits.
Benefits and uses of CBD oil
Several pieces of research globally have proved the benefits of CBD flower, and that is discussed below. However, even though these results have been evident through scientific research, their general application is not prevalent.
- Against anxiety: Studies have shown that oil can reduce your anxiety and depression. For example, one of the studies conducted in Brazil has shown that a 300 mg CBD oil dose could relieve anxiety during the public speaking test.
- Pain reliever: Cannabinoids are known to have pain-relieving functions, and they do so by mimicking the endocannabinoid system (cannabinoid-like molecules inside the living system)
- Anti-epileptic: Several epileptic syndromes that do not respond to anti-seizure medicines can be treated with this oil
- Anti-tumor effects: Studies are evident to show that these compounds have anti-tumor properties to check tumor growth and side effects caused by cancer therapy
- Neuroprotection: Several neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and multiple sclerosis can provide patients with a burden of spasms and cognitive decline. These chemicals can reduce such symptoms and improve the quality of life.
- Promotes sleep: There is a history of insomnia been treated in the research setting and promoting being asleep.
Side effects and precautions
These chemicals show side effects, is too apart from their positive effects. They showcase symptoms like drowsiness and dry mouth when ingested through the mouth. Apart from this, some people might exhibit fatigue and diarrhea as well. Since high doses can injure the liver, it is recommended not to do heavy doses by liver patients. All these make cannabinoids to be available as a supplement rather than medication.
Children, pregnant and breastfeeding women are recommended not to use since this could lead to any complications to the fetus.
Cannabinoids form a group of chemicals extracted from marijuana that can mimic our physiology through its chemical composition and treat many medical symptoms like pain, inflammation, anxiety, depression, insomnia, and epilepsy. However, as with any other drugs, cannabinoids should also be used with care, and the debate of their legality is still going on.